Library Media Center
|Brenda Warren, firstname.lastname@example.org|
Each week, students in grades Pre-K to 4 will visit the media center and participate in a variety of curriculum linked, information literacy-based activities designed to assist students in becoming life-long independent learners.
Students in grade 5 will visit the library on a bi-weekly schedule.
In addition to weekly or bi-weekly media lessons, all students will have an equal opportunity to enjoy appropriate grade and interest level literature during daily and weekly book exchanges.
Please come join us at the library!
Library Media Program Mission
The mission of the Gale-Bailey Library Media program is to provide all members of our school community with equitable and timely access to ideas, information, and technology through a collaborative integrated instructional program which empowers students and staff to be effective and ethical users of ideas and information.
Checking Out Books!
Students are encouraged to check out books each week!
- Checkout times: 9:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Primary students (Pre-K to 1st) may check out 1 book. Intermediate students (2nd to 5th) may check out 2 books or 1 book and 1 magazine.
- Students can return, renew, or find a new book at any time during the day if approved by their teacher.
- All overdue books must be returned before a student can check out a new book. In special cases, students who have lost a book may be allowed to check out paperback books until lost book is found or replacement cost is paid. Any lost library items not found by the end of the school year, or if the replacement cost has not been paid, may result in restriction to in-school check out only during the upcoming school year.
- Students and staff may not renew books that are on hold by other library patrons.